Dear Stukey Families,
As we jump into the months of November and December, we have so many wonderful things to share with you! Thank you so much for your involvement and participation in Parent Teacher Conferences in October. As the quarter comes to an end, we have seen many improvements and growth in our scholars. It is also a time to reflect on the gaps and improvement that we need to make goals around. Hopefully, this information was shared with you at conferences.
As we enter into the months where we may experience inclement weather, here are a few reminders about systems in the event of a delayed 2 hour start day:
· The student day will begin two hours late, with the first bell ringing at 9:25 and the tardy bell ringing at 9:35
· Breakfast will be served for students from 9:25 on
· Outside morning duty will begin at 9:25
We will be giving students a Panorama Student Survey in the beginning of November. Below is some information on what the survey will measure in grades 3-5.
The Panorama Student Survey measures student perceptions of the following nine topic areas:
● Growth Mindset - How well students are able to persevere through setbacks to achieve important long-term goals.
● Self-Management - How well students manage their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in different situations.
● Social Awareness - How well students consider the perspectives of others and empathize with them.
● Self-Efficacy - How much students believe they can succeed in achieving academic outcomes.
● Emotion Regulation - How well students regulate their emotions.
● School Climate - Perceptions of the overall social and learning climate of the school.
● Teacher-Student Relationships - How strong the social connection is between teachers and students within and beyond the school.
● Sense of Belonging - How much students feel that they are valued members of the school community.
· School Safety - Perceptions of student physical and psychological safety while at school.
We are so happy to see our PTO group- Parent Connect grow a little more this year. We encourage you to join us at our monthly meetings. We always have grade level representation at each meeting and we share out celebrations and successes going on here at Stukey. The next meeting is on November 7th from 6:00-7:00.
Thank you for sending us your amazing children! Please check out all of our dates for events in the upcoming months. We want you to feel confident about sending your child to Stukey, and encourage you to volunteer or give us a call or email any time. Please feel free to email me with any questions, concerns, celebrations or compliments at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-972-5423. We look forward to partnering with you to provide the best school experience for your child!